The majority of their sales have traditionally come from off-line channels, where customers make the first contact with the company via email or phone. They also have an eCommerce channel, which was generating a fairly small amount of online revenue when they came to Northpeak.
1. Increase eCommerce Sales by 25% compared to previous quarter
2. Increase the number of qualified leads. Because we were dealing with custom high security doors and windows, we set a goal of 5-7 qualified leads / month.
3. Stopping the continuing decrease of organic performance and search rankings
The Northpeak team began by taking a look under the hood to understand what was happening. We identified the following key areas that needed to be addressed:
1) Tracking: Created and implemented a complete tracking plan for both their B2B and eCommerce sides of the business. We also created Analytics Dashboards in Data Studio the company could access any time.
2) Conversion Rate Optimization: Using our experience, we quickly saw an opportunity to implement missing best practices and get some quick wins for the company. We also paired our heuristic analysis with quantitative funnel analysis and qualitative analysis to really understand customer intent and the customer journey. This analysis resulted in us discovering a number of high impact opportunities on key product pages and blog pages.
One of the low hanging opportunities we found was on the Contact page itself. We realized the page was not optimized for form completions as users had to scroll down to see the actual form. Further, the page didn’t have any copy that told you what to reach out for, what to expect, or to whom the form would go to.
The first month was focused on conducting research, putting together a game plan, and setting up required tracking and reporting.
Here is what ensued during the following 3 months:
1. Increased eCommerce sales by 255%
All other KPIs Ecommerce Conversion Rate, Transactions, and Average Order Value increased.
2. Generated 48 qualified leads and increased incoming calls by 50%
Improved Quality Score, increasing click-through rate (CTR), reduced ad spend
3. Ranked 8 highly important commercial keywords in Top 3
Organic performance recovered, kicking up a 200% increase in impressions and 100% increase in clicks from the bottom in June.
If you’re looking to set up reliable tracking, improve conversions using a data-driven approach, and stop wasting marketing dollars – schedule a call with our Head of Growth Marketing and Conversion Optimization to see if we can help you.